Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My First Olympic Distance Tri


Well here I am finishing my first Olympic distance triathlon a couple of weeks ago. I had a CRAZY summer and did not get to train as much as I wanted. BUT.... I did finish so I can check that off my list!

It was a 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike (in the Shenandoah mountains - which meant at least 10 miles were uphill - there aren't any hills to train on in Chesapeake :) and I finished off with a 10k. Let's just say the 10k was not pretty at the end. I wish I had Lisa McKee there pushing me a long again.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, I am impressed! That is an amazing feat. I can't even imagine doing something that is that intense. Way to go, girlie.

bigskygirl said...

I wish I was there with you too! You are THE woman! Congratulations on completing such a feat. Maybe we can plan one together next year. :)

Emma Jo said...

How many times do you suppose I can tell you that I am impressed and blown away by you? Here, I'll tell you again.
You blow me away with your skills!!

Cindy said...

WOW -- how the heck do you do it?? I can't imagine RUNNING anywhere (other than after my kids). So, were you about to lose all of your breakfast in this picture, or what?? :o) I miss you, Laur!!