Thursday, June 17, 2010

# 5 IS A GIRL!!!!!!


We are happy to announce the new addition to our family is going to be a baby girl some time in October. People asked me what I wanted and I always responded, "Oh, it would be nice to have either one, a boy for Mark to play with or a girl to end with." I guess subconsciously I really wanted a girl, for two hours after the ultrasound I continued to cry or get teary eyed just thinking about buying girls clothes or dressing a little girl. I think Mike got teary eyed just thinking about all the money that was going to be spent. We got rid of everything after Emma. So we are going to need a lot of baby girl's clothes now.

We told the children on Easter Sunday. I got Mark a custom made t-shirt that said, "I'm going to be a big brother" with his name at the bottom. We rolled that up and put it in his Easter basket. We had all the children go through their baskets and tell us what was in each of theirs. Emma was the one that helped go through Mark's. When she read what the t-shirt said Abby was the only one that really got the meaning. The children were really offended we had not told them sooner. They could not believe we had waited 3 months to tell them.


This is what they came home to on Wednesday after we had the ultrasound. I told them I would make cupcakes and whatever color icing and little decorations were on the cupcakes then that is what we were going to have. Abby and Emma were really excited, Ben just said, "Really, it's going to be a girl. I guess that's O.K."

5 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations Millers! You have beautiful girls! No doubt this next one will be a looker! :)

Brett and Amy said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting and perfect. If I had babies while living here, we would definately have gone broke. Such cute clothes! So, you must send me your address so I can send you some cute little Spanish outfits.

Sara said...

Congrats! That is so exciting...and yes girls are so fun to buy for. You have the cutest family and I love how you told them.

bigskygirl said...

Wow! I neglet blogs for awhile and look what I've missed out on. Congratulations! So happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

1, tetracycline,