Thursday, September 20, 2007

Over Three Hours For Less Than 200 Cubic Feet

Should I be concerned when it takes a grown man over three hours to clean an area less than 200 cubic feet?

Since April (read here "since a lot longer") I have been telling the children when you guys go to school in the fall I am going to get this car detailed. Since I have never had "the privilege" of getting my car detailed before, I called around to a few places. I got some estimates and asked them how long it would take. They all told me it would take about 3-4 hours. I thought there is no way I am going to sit somewhere (who knows what kind of bathrooms these places have) and wait for my car. Drum roll please....I found a mobile guy that would come to me.

He showed up at my house at 1:00pm and did not leave until 4:30. Should I have prefaced this with, I have three children and we live in the car on weeknights and weekends (sports and ballet)? As you can guess my car was GROSS. He even used a power washer for my floor mats! I should have taken before and after pictures.

I have now come to the conclusion that I will make this an annual tradition. After they have trashed my car during the summer and they go back to school in the fall I will get my car cleaned.

Yeah for annual traditions!

1 comment:

Emma Jo said...

There is nothing like a clean car, nothing. It makes me feel like a responsible adult...except yesterday when I decided to clean out my car during the girls' ballet class. I killed the battery leaving the doors open and DVD playing...Clark had to come rescue us.