Wednesday, January 9, 2008

52 Things I Am Grateful For

I am stealing this idea from Cindy Reed's blog. She is writing something she is grateful for every week this year. Thanks for the great idea Cindy!
This week I am grateful for such a sweet and loving Abby. She is always trying to do her best in whatever she is pursuing. She is a hard worker (which she got from me) and somewhat of a perfectionist (which she got from Mike). This morning I went in to her room to wake her up and there was a poster on her wall on top of her bed. This is what I saw when I came in:

This is what I saw upon closer inspection:

I guess it could be worse, she could have a poster of the Cheetah Girls up on her wall :)

3 comments:

Suebee said...

You are a lucky mom. You must be doing something right, for your daughter to chose that poster as her daily visual.
You have inspired me. I am going to go find something to be thankful for this week. I tell my children to write about something they enjoyed during the week in their journals on Sunday, and I have my primary class tell one good thing that happened this week, but I never include myself in this. I am going to try. I look forward to reading more of your blogs about gratitude.

Emma Jo said...

I love the idea...I know several people who do "grateful Friday". Great idea. And your children are indeed sweet, all of them...they come from good stock...and wait a sec, Mike is the perfectionist?...I seem to recall one mother that shares this trait as well.

Cindy Reed said...

Wow -- I am so impressed by Abby! :o) You guys are such good parents!! I miss you!