Wednesday, February 13, 2008

52 Blessings - Week 4

This week I am grateful for my awesome friend Lisa Bunnell who took the time out of her busy day to help me finally conquer bread making. Yes, I am a Mormon woman who could not make a loaf of bread that was not so heavy I could use it as an anchor.

Here is a picture of my first attempt with her looking over my shoulder to make sure I was doing everything O.K. She thinks my problem was that I did not have the water hot enough, that I did not let the yeast sit long enough and that I beat the heck out of it after it raised the first time. She laughed and laughed when she she saw me start to punch it to death. She said, "No wonder it wasn't rising for you, you are beating the heck out of it. What did it ever do to you?"

Thanks Lisa!Notice one is gone - I had to try one hot from the oven!

No comments: