Wednesday, October 3, 2007

To Each His Own

I started reading "Peace Like A River" because Mike read it and put it near the top of his most favorite books of all time. Mike has read almost as many books as I have ( and I am an English major) so this was a big deal. I thought, "Wow, if he really liked it that much I am definitely going to read it". The story had a very male point of view. I can enjoy a vast array of books with many different points of view but this one did not grab me as much as it did Mike. I guess, to each his own.


I am now reading the cult phenomenon "Twilight". We will see if it "sucks" me in and captivates me like it has so many other people :)

3 comments:

Cindy said...

You'll have to let me know how this book is!! I almost bought it the other day, but since you posted about it, I thought I'd wait to get your opinion. Maybe checking it out at the library is the way to go! :o)

Emma Jo said...

I'm anxious to know how you like this book. Just keep in mind that it's target audience is like 14 year old girls. It's shallow and juvenile but entertaining nonetheless. Enjoy.

Cindy said...

So...it's been a few weeks now. Any comments on this book? Have you read it? What did you think? I'm on the waiting list for it at the library. So..tell me, tell me!!