Monday, September 8, 2008

My Bucket List!

A couple of years ago before I turned 30 I was taking a night class at ODU. This literature class was extremely boring so instead of paying attention I let my mind wander to my impending BIG birthday. I started to think of all of the things that I had accomplished up until that time and all of the things that I still wanted to accomplish. I wrote out a list of things that I wanted to accomplish before my next BIG birthday. I typed it up and framed it and put it on my dresser. The list is in no particular order and they are things I would like to accomplish not have to. As I have accomplished the items on the list I check them off.



A couple of months ago the Virginia Symphony called us, as they do every year to see if we want to buy season tickets again. This time I told them there was no way we were going to be able to be season patrons this year because I was about to have a baby. They asked when I was due and said there was a concert in September and asked if I would be interested in just buying tickets for one performance. I asked them what the main piece was going to be - thinking it will be something stupid I have no desire to hear. When they told me it was Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto #1, I almost feel out of my seat. I could not believe they were finally going to perform the piece I have always wanted to hear in person and it was the ONE performance I was going to be able to attend. So now I am just keeping my fingers and my legs crossed that I will not have this baby before Saturday night so I can mark off one more item on my bucket list. Wish me luck!!!!

3 comments:

Emma Jo said...

That is so fun. I am impressed that you have so many checked off...and I love that they are tangible things that can actually be done and appreciated. Come visit us sometime and we'll help you take care of #10 & 11.

Suebee said...

Have fun and good luck with your coming baby.

Cindy Reed said...

I hope you had fun at the concert! I love your list - what a great idea! Although, I can't believe we lived in AZ and we never went to the Grand Canyon. How pitiful is that!??

I've been thinking about you and wondering how you and that little baby are doing. Hope things are good!